IGNORED

Holo Audio Serene Preamplifier

• 3 weeks later...

I received my Serene yesterday - initial SQ observation - YUK -absolutely no bass!

But now, after about 40 hrs continual running (it does get hot), the bass is coming back AND much better separation between soloists (classical performances).

A question for other owners. The Serene joins my May and my Red. The May came with a remote RMT-1, the Serene came with an RMT-2.

For me the May can only be controlled by the RMT-1 and the Serene by the RMT-2. The manual says that the remotes are universal. Can one remote control both May and Serene  ??

• 1 month later...

Until I saw the recommendations for output connection on the Magna HIfi website, I somehow assumed that I should connect my amp to XLR2.  But, after reading their recommendations,  I  connected the Serene to my Mjolnir Audio Carbon CC (ESP headphone amp) via XLR1 - what a difference - another veil removed!  A pity that the manual did not say this.

9 hours ago, Schafheide said:

Until I saw the recommendations for output connection on the Magna HIfi website, I somehow assumed that I should connect my amp to XLR2.  But, after reading their recommendations,  I  connected the Serene to my Mjolnir Audio Carbon CC (ESP headphone amp) via XLR1 - what a difference - another veil removed!  A pity that the manual did not say this.

Same here. I am enjoying my active ATC 20s to a greater extend via XLR1. 

• 1 month later...

I am trying to quickly find a proper cable for the XLR1 output of the Serene so that I can test out the new RAAL 1995 Magnis and Immanis that I am getting to my home this week. I only found out yesterday that the phones will be coming my way.

(55) RAAL 1995 headphones, Magna and Immanis | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

I have the RAAL VM-1a tube headphone amp | Schitt Mjolnir V3 preamp/headphone amp | Schitt Aegir amp | Benchmark AHB2 amp to all try with the 2 new phones. I would also like to try the Serene preamp directly with the phones.  The Serene is connected to the Aegir amp via RCA so I will hear some of the preamp. However, I am also looking to hear the Serene naked on these phones.

Does any use that XLR1 output with headphones and if so, what cable do you recommend? For RAAL gear they have special cables, I was wondering if that was the case for the Serene.

Yes, I have tried to contact Tim at 

HoloAudio – Serene Pre-Amplifier | Kitsune HiFi - HoloAudio USA

However, no response yet so I thought someone on this thread would have some ideas.