IGNORED

Digital Signal Transmission

TomJ

1 hour ago, Miska said:

And TIM seems to have been forgotten again. However, I've taken it back to my measurement suite I use for my testing purposes.

One reason may be digital systems where it is not possible to directly measure (using the original test signals) with sampling rates below 192k. But now most DACs can do 384k and many 768k. And DACs can also do DSD which allows this type of measurement much better.

oh, yea -- you are right...   didn't even think about that.  It wouldnt' have even occurred to me, learn something new every day.

It is easy to ignore the problem because of thinking digital/Nyquist and assuming proper sampling.  However, the analog interface can certainly have TIM troubles.   There are some 'quick rules' that can help to mitigate it (AFAIR -- keep transconductance low relative to bias currents.)  I might be wrong because I transiently forget things  -- not in EE mode, living in the DSP world right now.

Gotta learn to cross the domains more fluidly.  (Perhaps an analogous problem in digital, not quite the same though, would be non-monotonic conversion.)