IGNORED

Audiophile Fiber Optic Switches

There's no such thing as an 'Audiophile' switch. You are already doing what you can by going Fiber to cut out the electrical linkage.

Ethernet is asynchronous so you don't have to worry about expensive clocks. The only clock that matters is the last clock.

Would your photo's look any better when you have copied them from your file server over a modded switch vs the Mikrotik?

58 minutes ago, EdmontonCanuck said:

I 100% agree with your statement, however, I'm afraid the horde of subjectivists will descend upon you shortly. I'll get the popcorn 😄

That's ok I can more than handle that. With the OP being a photog I would imagine they have either used or contributed to Stock Photo companies. I can guarantee you they can license their work out, upload it, years later over 17 hops from the services file server, retrieve the .raw and it will be identical to what the submitted years before.

Regardless of whether they have a $29 TP-Link or a $2000 Melco.

20 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I use Ubiquiti UniFi switches. The company has switches with as many SFP+ ports as you’ll ever need. 

i have this one feeding other switches via fiber

spacer.png

That's a good switch for the money. There are plenty of business grade solutions on eBay.

My Cisco 2360 only does layer 2 so I went on a search and found this Netgear Prosafe GSM7352 v2 L3 switch with four 1GBe SFP and two 10GBe SFP+ for $60 shipped.

StorageReview-Netgear-GSM7352S.jpg

I plan on shooting a tutorial video on setting up for Intervlan routing with a $200 HPE Proliant G7 DL360E with 480MB Kingston SSD  and 32GB DDR3 Buffered ECC running Windows 10 as a host OS and Virtual Box running pfSense. It has 4 copper RJE so I can do a WAN/LAN link, one link in management VLAN and the other link in production vlan.

After that I'll shoot another video on production, guest, and management vlan for multi-SSID wireless in the home.