IGNORED

Further Adventures with DC Power for Chord DAVE (and Blu Mk II)

2 hours ago, DAVE JS2 said:

I'm not the most patient either, but It'll be worth the wait, @LowOrbit! Try and enjoy what you have in the meantime.

I have no problem enjoying the TT2 - it's pretty decent. Apparently Chord have issues with metalwork, maybe they get them machined in europe.

2 hours ago, DAVE JS2 said:

I'm in mourning - on the SAME DAY my OPTO DX premium cables AND second pair of Oyaide BNC cables arrived, and just 2 days before my ldovr 3A regulator arrives, my power amp's left channel decided to fail (the right channel is sounding great, though  🙈).

I will get it off for repair on Monday, and will have to exercise patience, like @LowOrbit...

I do have a question you all may be able to help me with, though: if I were to use two ultraCaps in 'series' per rail, I believe I could add the potential differences together and get either 14V (7+7) or 16V (7+9) out of them. Neither of these are 15V, but do we think that really matters? If it doesn't matter, would 14 or 16 be better?

That is not good. Maybe clasp a hand over your left ear...

If the Ultracaps are fully isolated (no common ground to cause a short) you should be OK, but choose the 14v path, stay away from overvoltaging - manufacturers can usually tell when something got burned from to much voltage and it messes with their kindly nature regarding warranty claims.

Test well before attaching to your good kit, make sure the voltages are stable and nothing starts smelling!