IGNORED

The development of Giesemann OCXO Ref 10M Master Clock

• 3 weeks later...

@James Stephens

It's my understanding that Adrian isn’t doing any pure DC powered clocks. I have asked for this.

This would lower the price. And possible shipping cost. And hopefully raise clock quality as you can use your own trusted LPS. All his clocks has internal LPS. 
However some clocks can use his upgraded LPS as an add on. 

It’s also my understanding that all clocks can be delivered with various OCXO options. 
However, at the moment he’s only suggesting 3 versions for the 3 output clock. 

As we don’t know how well isolation is done, and lack of DC inputs I personally will probably purchase 2 single double crown instead of a triple double crown. 

I’m awaiting purchasing until I understand how many of John’s new design products has externally clock input. I’m also considering a Singxer SU-2 as an upgrade to my SU-1, as the SU-2 has clock input.

This will influence my clock purchase. 

On 2/8/2021 at 3:02 PM, AfterDark. said:

Yes, the phase noise measurement can only perform on sine wave, the square wave is converted with it. The isolation circuit and sine to square wave convertor is designed to have little change or affect the phase noise measurement. 

It’s my understanding you’re measuring each product individually. Correct ?

Can you show photos of such an test ?

Where in the chain is isolation done. Before or after square wave conversion ?

Any reason for the choice ?

37 minutes ago, AfterDark. said:

75ohm to 50ohm Cybershaft adaptor

Is such an adapter equal to have a 50 ohm output ?

I’m discussing of purchasing http://www.audio-gd.com/R2R/DI20/DI20EN.htm and he says his standard 50 ohm can be modified, but if an adapter won’t make any difference. 

However since Uptone never suggested the use of an adapter in their EtherRegen, I expect things isn’t straight forward. 

Is your clocks (the single output once’s), available in both 50 and 75 ohm versions ?

Is the cable offered 75 or 50 ohm ?

• AfterDark. changed the title to The development of Giesemann OCXO Ref 10M Master Clhttps://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/61879-the-development-of-giesemann-ocxo-ref-10m-master-clock/?do=getNewCommentock
  • AfterDark. changed the title to The development of Giesemann OCXO Ref 10M Master Clock
  • AfterDark. featured this topic
5 hours ago, AfterDark. said:

There is single output version in 50ohm and 75ohm (Queen Square Wave 75ohm Special Edition) which can plug and play to 75ohm devices. 

Apart from the Queen Square Wave 75 ohm Special edition, the rest of your single output clocks is sine ?

4 hours ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi! R1200CL, 

That is correct, the best seller Queen Square Wave 75 ohm special edition is tailor made and optimised to work with EtherREGEN. 

Thanks for your question. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

So is your design generic, so one could just replace the clock if one was looking for better numbers ?

And if yes, which versions would fit ?

@AfterDark.

Thanks for a very informative reply.

All your external powered clocks is 12V. (2.1mm). 

I also noticed you specify 2,5 A. When a clock is heated up, what is the expected current draw ?

Reason to ask, is to verify a possibility to use the Uptone LPS-1.2 

Have you tested this ?

So even if a LPS-1.2 can’t be used as a start up power, I was thinking pre-heating the clock to 60 degrees, should be one way of doing this. Or just use one power first minutes and then quickly change to the LPS-1.2. 

What is highest possible voltage input ? (Before we should expect damage).

Are you able to measure and phase noise variation based on the power supply in use ?

Are you using your own power supply when you’re measuring your final made clocks ?

I see you talk a lot about calibration. Does this (individually?) calibration process affect the phase noise ?

Is it like after a certain time, a recalibration could be done ?

(I have no idea what this calibration process is). 

EDIT:

Your specifications says:

• Required External DC power supply: DC 5V/12V 1A 

This is great. That means all Uptone versions of LPS (the Ultracaps) will work. 
So any voltage setting 5,7,9 or 12 is OK. Any recommendation ?

6 hours ago, magnuska said:

Obviously you have requested a special designed triple output clock.

I’m not the only one requesting this. Also it as designed before my questions about an isolated 3 square wave with selectable 50/75 ohm output DC powered versions. 

On 3/2/2021 at 4:02 AM, AfterDark. said:

Hi! R1200CL, 

That is correct, the best seller Queen Square Wave 75 ohm special edition is tailor made and optimised to work with EtherREGEN. 

Thanks for your question. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Sorry for asking again.

Is the Queen Square Wave 75 ohm special edition actual a native 75 ohm clock ?

Or is it the adapter that makes it 75 ohm ? 

Can you clarify if it’s a 50 ohm or 75 ohm cable that comes with Queen Square Wave 75 ohm special edition. (You said before the cable comes in both versions). 

If one chose any other audiophile version, they’re all 50 ohm sine clocks that is offered with adapters from 50 to 75 ohm ? And in addition a 50 ohm one meter cable ? 

On 3/3/2021 at 3:18 AM, AfterDark. said:

This is a transformer type 10M Signal Distributor made from Cybershaft in Japan. This small device can be use on all Giesemann Clock for 50ohm version only, it can output two 10M BNC in the same time with one input. Output 1 can be input to DAC with 10M Master In and Output 2 can be input to UpTone EtherREGEN. 

Does it offer isolation ?

Can it be used with the 50 to 75 ohm adapter ?

2 hours ago, MasterWarzombie said:

my square wave received with a "certificate"

1hz: -104
10 Hz: -135
I don't know if that can help.

No, that’s another question, how is those measurements actually done, as you can’t connect to the BNC as you would do with a sine.