IGNORED

Afterdark Master Clock for Uptone EtherRegen

13 hours ago, Mjw21a said:

I'm using with my Mutec MC-3+USB. I don't have an EtherREGEN nor so I don't see how that's relevant to me. I set it up, turned it on and switched to External and Reclock on the Mutec. It was about even with the Mutec initially and has continued to improve.

My home network is all dual band 802.11ax mesh (Xiaomi AX3600's) in my house with the only wired connection being my file server. Not ideal but it's what I have and fast enough for home use. No need for the EtherREGEN in this environment.

I'm installing a Firewalla Gold soon as there seems to be plenty of traffic between the Xiaomi routers and Xiaomi servers and I want greater control over my network. I've concerns about security with the Xiaomi gear.

Once you try a cable instead of Wi-Fi on your network for audio transmission, the difference is usually chalk and cheese in a good way and then the EtherREGEN takes that difference and enlarges it to sublime (for most people).

That Xiaomi "chatter" is probably phoning-home to China with your data. (Joke!)

Regards

GG

• 8 months later...
12 hours ago, lyndonlim said:

After reading Martin T's review i ordered my AD Emperor Signature on Monday evening. It arrived at 12 noon today in Melbourne, Australia!!! 3 days after i ordered.  I am cooking it now for 4 hrs. I am using a 30cm apogee clock cable. I'll let you know what my impressions are vs the Chinese clock into the ER feeding into a DCS network bridge then into my Lampizator level 4 dac. 

Don't under-estimate the apogee clock cable making your music sound blahhh. Are they the pink/lilac cables? They were designed to run at 44,000 up to 192,000 Hz not 10,000,000 hertz. Even at 96kHz they take the top end off the signal but give a slightly bloated mid-bass but overall softer than desired transients.

Check the this site and the web for arguably better sounding clock cables specifically at 10MHz. Hint: They are not as cheap as Apogee cables.

19 hours ago, lyndonlim said:

...What clock cable do you currently use and what would you recommend? ...

Hi I use the MTRX audio distributor ADC/DAC box and the timing is done via ethernet. In fact any external clock I connect to the MTRX detracts from the sound. So Dante to my PC and the MTRX sees excellent sound. I have two EtherRegens too but I use their internal 25MHz clocks at the moment. So no external clocking here...but some day....

Regards

GG

• AfterDark. changed the title to Afterdark Master Clock for Uptone EtherRegen
  • 1 month later...