IGNORED

Auralic Vega G2 sync problem

hifitubes

Question

Ever since I bought my Auralic Vega G2 it falls out of since with my Apple TV. It's driving me crazy and I have tried multiple cables, 2 different HDMI splitters, changing settings on the G2 to no avail. 

I watched a movie the other night with no issues on HBO Max using the Apple TV! Most times it seems Netflix or the news streams fall out of sync.

I'll have to test with some analog cables into the analog input of the G2 but this is driving my nuts and Auralic never really offered a solution other than mailing the G2 back to the USA (I live overseas and I am considering doing this now).

DIGITAL: Windows 7 x64 JRMC19 >Adnaco S3B fiber over USB (battery power)> Auralic Vega > Tortuga LDR custom LPSU > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ANALOG: PTP Audio Solid 9 > Audiomods Series V > Audio Technica Art-7 MC > Allnic H1201 > Tortuga LDR > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ACCESSORIES: PlatterSpeed, BlackCat cables, Antipodes Cables, Huffman Cables, Feickert Protracter, OMA Graphite mat, JRemote

3 answers to this question

Sure, thanks.

Tested these set ups with various HDMI and Toslink:

Video: Apple TV > HDMI 2.0 > LG TV > Optical > Vega G2

Video: Apple TV > HDMI 2.0 > HDMI splitter 1 > Optical > Vega G2

Video: Apple TV > HDMI 2.0 > HDMI splitter 2 > Optical > Vega G2

Video: Android MeCool (9.0?) > HDMI 2.0 > HDMI splitter 2 > Optical > Vega G2 (less issues)

Apple TV is set to 2.0. Vega G2 various latency settings for Optical input. Also tweaked LG sync when trying that.

Audio: Roon ROCK > ethernet Cat6 > Auralic Vega G2

Just thinking back to watching Promethues with zeros issues, maybe this is an audio format issue? Typically when I walk in on the family watching "TV" on Netflix, everything is out of sync, and they ignore lol. If I switch inputs and back to Toslink on the G2, it will resolve for a short time but quikcly get out of sync, say after 10 minutes. I can also replug the Toslink cable to resync, which I normally do.

I'll have to test with Android using IPTV and see if the "news" feeds get out of sync. 

DIGITAL: Windows 7 x64 JRMC19 >Adnaco S3B fiber over USB (battery power)> Auralic Vega > Tortuga LDR custom LPSU > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ANALOG: PTP Audio Solid 9 > Audiomods Series V > Audio Technica Art-7 MC > Allnic H1201 > Tortuga LDR > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ACCESSORIES: PlatterSpeed, BlackCat cables, Antipodes Cables, Huffman Cables, Feickert Protracter, OMA Graphite mat, JRemote

Testing out FW 8.0, things might be better.