IGNORED

Best software to automate metadata tagging for DSF (is this solution even available?)

PrTv

14 hours ago, PrTv said:

At the moment, it seems MusicBrainz Picard fits the bill. It's not fully automated but does a lot of weight lifting for me.

Any other options?

Yes.  With Mp3tag, the software can search the MusicBrainz and/or the Discogs database.  Also, for more accuracy, you can look up the album manually in Discogs, then populate the DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID tag with the Discogs number.  Then with Mp3tag, it can fetch the metadata for that exact album/release.

mQa is dead!

12 hours ago, PrTv said:

I think I found the answer to my own question.

I accidentally loaded the ISO file into the machine and scanned, and it seemed the machine is so smart it extracted the DSF files out of the ISO image and deleted the ISO image for me, for all ISO files I loaded.

I guess I no longer need help now, but dont know how/if I can delete this thread... feel like a fool posting this question.

Did the dsf files have the appropriate/sufficient metadata?

mQa is dead!

4 hours ago, Kal Rubinson said:

I, too, use Mp3tag and find that Discogs is the most useful source.  OTOH, a significant part of the time the search returns totally irrelevant options and, yet, lists it with 100% certainty.  I have gotten tired of updating Discogs.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.  Depends on the provider/source.

Discogs does rely upon users to build the database.  You would think this is an area where the labels could offer a significant contribution -- instead they give us MQA.

mQa is dead!