IGNORED

KEF LS50 Meta

Very nice! But I see they suffer the same fate as the LS 50's with no bass response. Bass is already shelved 5 dB down from 125 Hz on down relative to the rest of the response and drops like a rock at 40 Hz.

I had the LS 50's and really wanted to like these speakers as no doubt they have excellent sonic qualities, but the lack of bass response drove me to sell them. I even tried them with smaller subwoofers (12" inch Rythmik subs), but the discontinuity between the subs and the 5" or whatever midrange driver was too much... What these speakers need is the addition of a real woofer!

Aside from that the measurements are excellent and I am sure even a step up from the LS 50's that I spent a great deal of time with. But the lack of bass is a deal breaker for me.

2 hours ago, botrytis said:

They are bookshelves. No one said they bookshelves have deep bass. They have proper 'British' bass. which means quick and very tuneful (I don't know how else to describe it). I have a pair of LS50's and they are amazing for what they do. I got rid of other smaller speakers because the LS50's do things better than the others and that includes a pair of S-F Venere 1.5's (which are the were the same price).

I did not say they anything about deep bass, I said no bass :-) I had a pair of LS50's and agreed, above 125 Hz awesome, below that not so much. 

14 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Any particular in mind ?

Interested to know what woofer(s) in general one should look for with small speakers. 

As @asdf1000pointed out, the KEF R3 or for a driver, the Purifi PTT6.5 that I reviewed: https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/reviews/purifi-ptt65-woofer-and-1et400a-amplifier-technology-review-r866/   Has real bass output to 32 Hz in a bookshelf package.