IGNORED

Audio DVDs?

11 minutes ago, bluesman said:

Ashampoo is a great burner, as is DVDStyler (which only makes video DVDs, but that’s what’s needed here).  I haven’t used DVDFlick, but it has good reviews.

I do hate the unsolicited emails that come with registering for freeware using an email address.  But I get so much junk that blocking and deleting another few is a small price to pay.  

I’d rather pay a reasonable price for software like this and not have to deal with a storm of communications.  Sadly, the email just keeps coming whether you buy most paid versions or use the free ones.

Ashampoo will let you get off their mailing list after you register.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

46 minutes ago, bluesman said:

I’d guess that 90+% of “unsubscribe” links and buttons accomplish nothing.  Most just don’t stop once they start, even if the reason you check for canceling is that you never asked for email or no longer want to receive it.

I’ve been trying to get off the New York Times’ Cooking app list since they started charging an extra fee on top of the digital subscription cost (which has to be a few years now).  I’ve clicked, updated, called and emailed many times to no avail.  And every time I get suckered into clicking a link to a recipe in the Times itself, I get a solicitation to buy the app.......but the recipe won’t appear unless I pay up.

That's not true today for reputable companies IME. I've gotten off lots of lists by unsubscribing. 

I also don't get NYT cooking mails anymore after I, like you, changed my subscription.  I suggest you call their subscription people and tell them you'll cancel you present subscription  unless they remove you from that list. That will probably do the trick. It works for me every time they try to raise the subscription price on me. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)