IGNORED

Article: Review | DenaFrips Pontus DAC

Jeremy Clarkson thinking the 911 is a "jumped up beetle" hasn't hurt 911 sales one bit... Cayennes are selling like freaking hotcakes too, Porsche has set year over year sales records for quite a few years in a row.

Edit: I can make my own mind up about a car. I watch Top Gear / Whatever it is on Amazon Prime now for entertainment, not car reviews.

No electron left behind.

6 hours ago, bluesman said:

This thread has gone a bit off topic, and alternative facts have crept in. It's irrelevant to us as audiophiles whether 911 sales are rising or falling, but I hope correcting this silly little error will motivate others to verify what they say before presenting it as fact.  My source is Porsche - sales figures are published in Panorama (the monthly rag of the PCA) and I just double checked them against Porsche NA numbers in industry publications.  FWIW, I've been a PCA member since 1965, so I carry a lot of Porsche info in my head.  The waning demand for 911s is not news to any lifelong Porsche person.

911s are definitely not selling like hotcakes.  I don't think we can blame Jeremy Clarkson for it, but "911" sales are not strong at all.  FWIW, I put 911 in quotes because it's a fictional model number that only describes the 1963 original.  Porsche numbered every one of his designs sequentially, regardless of the item.  The car introduced in 1963 was actually design 901, and that was what they intended to call it.  But Peugeot had some kind of international registration on car models with 3 digits and a zero in the middle, so Porsche made it the 911. Each subsequent iteration had a later number, but all of them share the generic moniker "911" because they share the basic physical profile.

In the interest of accuracy, here's a North American 911 sales chart:

image.png.5a659f4aae49e997bf202402b4ca79ab.png

Ok, now look at Cayennes...

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/porsche/351899/porsche-sets-sales-record-and-huge-profit-spite-new-dieselgate-fine

"Porsche sold 92,055 of the Cayenne, an increase of 29 per cent year-on-year, and 99,944 Macans, an increase of 16 per cent, in 2019. "

No electron left behind.