IGNORED

how to add missing album art to i tunes?

samwisesam

support metatdata, like album art, but iTunes does (with Wav or any other files format). 80% of my iTunes database is WAV (cuz i think it sounds better) and I use Jacob's coverartserver python app to automatically add album art to my iTunes wav files. The correct information is to say that if these files leave iTunes the wav files will have no album art (or any other metadata), but to say iTunes doesn't support album art for wav is incorrect.

If you want to know about album art and metadata for wav/itunes there are several threads here that talk about it, and there is a full pdf or word doc primer that Silverlight (Geoff) published on how to add metadata with iTunify, and add album art with coverartserver. I do this with all my hundreds of wav albums, and all is well.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/WAV-file-tagging-and-artwork-iTunes-Guide

Ted, you are right.

I feel bad. In trying to help, I shared incorrect information.

Thank you for setting the record straight.

Respectfully,

Chris

Amarra 3.0.3/iTunes-->AQVOX USB PS-->Acromag USB Isolator-->Ayre QB-9-->Ayre K-5xeMP-->W4S SX-500-->Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Super Towers-->SVS SB12-Plus (L&R). Cables: Nordost, Transparent, LessLoss, Analysis Plus & Pangea. Dedicated line with isolated power conditioning per component: PS Audio & Furman. Late 2012 Mac Mini 2.6GHz Quad-Core i7 (16 GB, 1TB Fusion, 6TB ext via Tbolt). External drives enclosure http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f7-disk-storage-music-library-storage/silent-enclosure-external-hard-drives-7178/

Hey everyone, sorry I took so long to respond, was really busy. I appreciate all the info. Ted thanks for the thread, I have just read it and will give it a try. I thought that in my orig post I said I was using WAV with PC and XP, but I really enjoy all the responses and how everyone chimes in to help.

Cheers Bill.

PS: Hows the weather everywhere? Florida is still warm here 70s.