Before this turns into a real phobia I need some reassurance that USB is totally safe and not harmful in any way (-:

Let me explain. I am thinking about buying the Innous Zenith Mk3. It only has USB out. So what's the problem?

It started with me looking into USB cables and many of them are crazy expensive, then I read about how much better it will sound with the innuos phoenixusb reclocker.

So I started to think that USB is an inferior connection, that needs a lot of equipment to sound right.

And because the USB connection is asynchronous then the fancy phoenixusb reclocker will “only” deliver a clean USB signal to the DAC, but the DAC has to use its own internal clock.

Today I use S/PDIF and I never read about a S/PDIF enhancement devices.

So is USB safe and maybe a better connection type than S/PDIF?

3 hours ago, Martin Herløv Andersen said:

The Zen has landed, but I can't see it as a roon endpoint, so no sound 😩

Maybe my dac's usb are not compatible with the zen

Fixed it, had to turn on the dac first, then from standby mode turn on the Zen.

Now when I am here. I want to give my initial expression of the sound.

The Zen alone as a roon endpoint sounds a little better than my miniDSP HD Studio, blacker background, voices are warmer.

After listen for an hour I just had to try the Innuos Phoenix USB Reclocker. Cold it sounded good, but after an hour it started to sound really good. It was almost analog, or so I tell my self. But the reclocker is the real star.