IGNORED

Where should I try better ethernet cables first?

On 11/26/2020 at 3:17 PM, AnotherSpin said:

UTP type ethernet cables should be used in audio.

Shielded Ethernet cables that have their shield tied to ground on both ends can pass noise. UTP cables have no ground connectivity.

I've posted about this over the years and google for Seimons 'The Antenna Myth' and T.I. paper on radiated emissions of 10/100 Ethernet PHY.

38 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

He, he, well if we could set the terms, like doing how “normal” people listen to music, especially NOT removing cables, I wouldn’t mind.

Don't people have to remove their generic Ethernet cable to insert their super duper cable?

What terms would you set?

37 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Well, this is part of the discussion of buffers. And more. 

Keep any cable. But with or without EtherRegen inserted. And not pulling the plug, meaning no buffers, or buffers below a second I suppose. 

Easiest would be using Roon. (Tidal & Qobuz). I don’t mind HQPlayer embedded in the chain. 

How is using a front end like Roon to host Tidal better than Tidal. I'm all in agreement for Tidal.

I don't understand the pull the plug part. I proposing what thousands of fellow audiophiles have done and they have been 'pulling the plug'.

On 12/10/2020 at 2:35 PM, AnotherSpin said:

If you read a little bit above, you will find out OP asked how to 'clean'  UTP cables after my previous post, in which I figuratively called UTP cables 'clean'. Now put it all together. 

I don't know about you, but I would have told the OP that UTP means unshielded (no foil/metal) and that they are good to go. But again, that's just me not beating around the bush.