IGNORED

Active speaker comparison

On 11/5/2020 at 5:17 AM, mevdinc said:

On 11/5/2020 at 2:50 AM, Alpha Audio said:

We explicitly asked the distributer for ATC how to place the speakers. They asked us to get close to the wall to get rid of boundart effect. So we did... 

There must be something lost here in translation.  As an ATC distributor, we are mostly in pro but also home, I would never say "get them close to the wall" unless i wanted you to pick something else.  "Close to the wall" would  increase boundary reflections, playing havoc with the image and mid/HF tone.  Maybe they said rear boundary?  Which wall did they suggest? 

Getting speakers AWAY from boundaries is normally the best plan in almost all cases.   Want to hear a good demo?  Go into a large room with boundaries far away.   Want to hear a bad demo?  Get speakers near boundaries, especially on the sides.  

Too bad, I would have suggested calling ATC and asking the engineers there about what is best.  After all, the guys at the factory are acoustics guys, with a lot of experience with their speakers in lots of environments.

Brad

Brad Lunde

www.LoneMountainAudio.com (High End Consumer Importer to the Trade) and www.TransAudioGroup.com (High End Pro Audio Importer to the Trade)

Brands we import to the US are ATC, Tube Tech, Drawmer, MUTEC, Bettermaker 

Brands from the US we distribute are A Designs, Auratone, Daking, LatchLake and Mojave