IGNORED

HELP

I'm on macOS 10.15.4. I have a fairly large library c. 20k songs. 

I noticed something pretty strange. When I look in the file system I can see a folder in ../Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/ and within the folder 3 songs which I loaded into the Music app last week, but I can not find it when using the Music GUI.

I could copy the files, delete them and then reload then via the "Automatically Add to Music" folder, but I'm worried that this may cause some sort of corruption in the Music database. 

Anyone have any other suggestions?

On 10/20/2020 at 2:30 PM, blazcopski said:

I noticed something pretty strange. When I look in the file system I can see a folder in ../Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/ and within the folder 3 songs which I loaded into the Music app last week, but I can not find it when using the Music GUI.

I could copy the files, delete them and then reload then via the "Automatically Add to Music" folder, but I'm worried that this may cause some sort of corruption in the Music database. 

despacito dzwonek na telefondzwonki chicken wing hot tiktok bella poarchDzwonki Lovesick Girls BLACKPINK

I have a few songs that seem to act in funny ways. I don't even like them, and didn't load them, but somehow either Apple or iTunes thinks I need to have them. No matter how often I delete them they keep coming back and are automatically transferred to my 'phone, despite not being on my transfer list. Now I just ignore them.:/

I'd be giving the copy, delete, and re-load option a try.

On 10/20/2020 at 8:30 AM, blazcopski said:

First of all, where is your Library folder located and do you have a back up?

If you don't, that's where you should start. Any USB HDD with some 20-30% extra capacity will do.

The next question is: do you use playlists and ratings?

You can export playlists but I don't think that you can export ratings.

Once you/ve exported your playlists you can just create a new iTunes folder in a dedicated empty HDD, import/add all music and then import your playlists.

I've never used the "Automatically Add to Music" folder. I only use "Add to Library" (Command + O).

Make sure you've ticked "Copy files into iTunes Media Folder when adding to library" in Settings > Avanced.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)