IGNORED

Monopolies and Corporate Greed

17 hours ago, Blackmorec said:

<huge snip>

Cheers!

I can't honestly be bothered to do a lot of thinking about music distribution; if the labels want to make money that's their job, and they, unfortunately, have proven that they obviously aren't capable.

A few years ago a couple of albums 'owned' by Warner came to my attention. They were not available in Australia so I decided to download or order physical media. I preferred download because the physical media charges (manufacture, packaging, storage, shipping) are high and the whole process is far from being ecological.

The albums could not even be found on the Warner site, anywhere. I did title, artist, genre, etc. searches extensively.

I emailed the artists directly. One replied that the only sales were through WB. So I found a (probably illegal) copy and downloaded that. The other artist had been so disgusted with WB that they had maintained the rights to the music in their own country, and pointed me to their website where I was able to pay a small fee and download it directly.

I haven't been back to Warner since. This loses them money and keeps my costs down.:)