IGNORED

Phasure mach III server & XXhighend software

cat6man

Hi there cat6man - please allow me ...

Although you might eventually receive a response from one or two people, it won't be really stormy in this thread, because the by far most people owning a Mach III (40-50 on estimate) don't post here in A/S.

15 hours ago, cat6man said:

and what

comparisons they have made to other music server systems (commercial, diy)

So let me try to answer this on behalf of the owners, who can always jump in (if they are aware of the thread) and overrule my thoughts.

Apart from maybe 3 or 4 who use the Mach III outside of XXHighEnd, they are all XXHighEnd based. So, good that this is in the title. But this is also exactly why (I know that) people never really examined other "Audio Playing PC's" because they all used "a" PC with XXHighEnd in control of it, long times.

Regarding this, it is also good to know that from the start of XXHighEnd, "we" as a community (over at Phasure) always shared our best ideas about what processor / MoBo / USB Interface etc. etc. etc. to use. And besides that, I think for 10 years by now, we (Phasure) supplied Audio PC's, which today is in its 3rd incarnation (XXHighEnd PC, Stealth Mach II, Mach III). And the real fun for everybody: because I tend to listen to people's findings (what became better, what went worse), we all together always improved.

15 hours ago, cat6man said:

(commercial, diy)

What happens for a handful of customers, is that they DIY improve the system (could be our DAC as well). Say a nice oscillator on the MoBo somewhere which makes it better sounding. This is shared with the community (some times with me alone) and in a next incarnation the appliance may be installed. So people "test" a lot, but next wait for the official solution.

I hope this suffices ?

I also hope that these few others will jump in.

Peter

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)