IGNORED

Blinking SOtM-tx-USBUltra

6 hours ago, ducatirider said:

My SOtM tx-USBUltra stopped working and is blinking on top. Not the front power indicator. The blinking is on the main board but visible through the heating vent. 

Does anyone know what this means?

Sounds like a fault has developed.  Get in touch with SOtM - they are very good with service on their products.

The light is on the clock board.  If I recall correctly, it blinks when the tx-USBultra is running from the clock in it's own clock board, and changes to a solid (not blinking light) if an external 10MHz reference clock is connected.

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

2 hours ago, Confused said:

The light is on the clock board.  If I recall correctly, it blinks when the tx-USBultra is running from the clock in it's own clock board, and changes to a solid (not blinking light) if an external 10MHz reference clock is connected.

I see. That helps me as I have it connected to a master clock.

4 hours ago, ducatirider said:

I see. That helps me as I have it connected to a master clock.

I have just double checked this with my own tX-USBultra.  With the external reference clock disconnected, you get a definite on / off blinking light.  When synced to the external clock, this changes to a constant light, that has a slight blinking effect, brighter / darker.

Maybe you could try running the unit without the external clock?  This would at least eliminate the external clock, cable and connectors as a potential problem area.

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

On 9/2/2020 at 12:49 PM, Confused said:

I have just double checked this with my own tX-USBultra.  With the external reference clock disconnected, you get a definite on / off blinking light.  When synced to the external clock, this changes to a constant light, that has a slight blinking effect, brighter / darker.

Maybe you could try running the unit without the external clock?  This would at least eliminate the external clock, cable and connectors as a potential problem area.

I think my unit is damaged.  It won't pass the signal with or without clock input.  It does blink without the clock and slightly with the clock.

But either way i don't get sound with the tx in the link.