IGNORED

Older 32 Bit Version Of ISO2DSD For Windows PC

mikey8811

8 minutes ago, bogi said:

There is no GUI for Mac but the command line sacd_extract should work on Mac. Did you try the Mac command line sacd_extract (without the GUI part)? https://www.videohelp.com/software/sacd-extract

The Sonore sacd_extract frontend is Java program, so you need to have Java installed on Mac to get it running.
https://www.sonore.us/iso2dsd.html

... and about foobar2000: then the only way is Wine.

I don't use Mac, so more I cannot help you.

No worries. It's alright.

I usually use iSO2DSD on Mac. Please see my opening post. Just that ISO2DSD could not extract the files from this one particular Von Karajan SACD ISO. I got the error message:

"illegal byte sequence"

But I used Foobar on my old PC on the same SACD ISO as per your instructions and it worked.

Thanks again

12 hours ago, mikey8811 said:

No worries. It's alright.

I usually use iSO2DSD on Mac. Please see my opening post. Just that ISO2DSD could not extract the files from this one particular Von Karajan SACD ISO. I got the error message:

"illegal byte sequence"

But I used Foobar on my old PC on the same SACD ISO as per your instructions and it worked.

Thanks again

ISO2DSD stopped working on a track with the title

04. Boccherini_ Einleitung [Quintettino »Aufziehen der militärischen Nachtwache in Madrid«]

I suspect it could be the symbols or double byte characters in the title that caused the error.

Hopefully the developers fix this issue.

Years ago, when I implemented ISO2DSF (my signature, Windows only), language specific characters in metadata were the last thing I fixed, based on findings of one classical music lover. This is generally not very convenient topic for software developers.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
8 minutes ago, bogi said:

Years ago, when I implemented ISO2DSF (my signature, Windows only), language specific characters in metadata were the last thing I fixed, based on findings of one classical music lover. This is generally not very convenient topic for software developers.

No worries. It is for most part a decent programme with only this exception in my usage so far.

Theoretically I don't suppose there should be these limitations as Foobar also uses the same SACD Extract programme correct? Foobar has no problems decoding these characters.

7 hours ago, mikey8811 said:

Theoretically I don't suppose there should be these limitations as Foobar also uses the same SACD Extract programme correct? Foobar has no problems decoding these characters.

ISO2DSD acts as GUI for sacd_extract executable so it does not work without sacd_extract.

The foobar2000 plugin foo_dsd_converter does not use sacd_extract executable, so it need not to be installed for the plugin to work.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500