IGNORED

Older 32 Bit Version Of ISO2DSD For Windows PC

mikey8811

Hi

I have an older Windows PC which used to run the 32 Bit version of ISO2DSD. I have just restored the system and can no longer find the 32 bit version of the app to download. I downloaded Version 10 but that does not work.

Would anyone here have and be so kind as to share a link to download the older 32 Bit version?

I have moved to a Mac now and have the current Mac OS version on that but encountered an error:

"illegal byte sequence"

and extraction fails when using it to convert an ISO image file to DSF.

I suspect this may be because the title and artist has some strange double byte characters in it that do not quite translate properly on a Mac and so wanted to try the Windows version on my old computer.

Thanks

@seeteeyou thanks so much. V9 is a 64 Bit version.

The others are 32 Bit but I encountered an issue. It will start but then will say SACD Extract has stopped working.

I don't think it's the ISO file as it plays in Foobar 2000 with split tracks.

Any idea as to how to make it work or to use Foobar 2000 to split it into DSF files?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

foobar2000 is 32 bit application. You need foo_dsd_converter.fb2k-component which comes from https://sourceforge.net/projects/sacddecoder/files/foo_dsd_converter/

Once the component is installed (File > Preferences > Components > Install, [Apply] and restart foobar2000):

image.png.b5ec94b88be2a22bee6dd8dc31348a7e.png

image.png.d0a7bd461363c530fda917cfeb661a3a.png

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500

You can choose if you want DSF or DFF. In the case of DFF you can choose if you want the compressed version (DST) variant, or uncompressed (DSD) variant.

image.png.311775da5aa52cfb8058aa5cbe0599da.png

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500

Please note that the solution posted above by @seeteeyou is a different one - it is DSDMate plugin. 

I criticized DSDMate 6 years ago because of it's incorrect installation (no application directory, it writes into system directories) and wrong uninstallation (files remaining). https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/20764-artt-dsdmate-plugin-for-foobar-another-sacd_extract-gui-tool/?do=findComment&comment=356446 . The author asks you on his blog to run the installer under elevated administrative permissons and to disable User Access Control (UAC) and reboot your computer after installation. I don't know if this was fixed but probably not, so I personally don't recommend you to install DSDMate.

I suggest you to use the other one foo_dsd_converter.fb2k-component. It is installed into foobar2000 as standard foobar2000 component and thus it does not pollute your system directories and is also easily uninstallable. It has source files published on sourceforge and one of the authors is member of this forum @manisiutkin.

Interesting feature of foo_dsd_converter is the ability to compress uncompressed DSD files into compressed DST format. These play in foobar2000, but not for example in HQPlayer.

Sonore ISO2DSD now has a newer version and those older are not available for download. I never mentioned v9 available for download. The old Sonore web content on wayback machine does not show the v9 version:
http://web.archive.org/web/20200301143155/http://www.sonore.us/iso2dsd.html

The Sonore version is a frontend for sacd_extract utility originally writen by MrWicked - he published the first publicly available code to decode SACD ISO. Older versions of ISO2DSD used older version of sacd_extract. It is also known that sacd_extract contained a bug causing pops on track transitions in the case of ISO to DSF conversion. So this could be also behind removing of old ISO2DSD versions. The new ISO2DSD uses new sacd_extract version prepared by another autor EuFlo.

9 hours ago, bogi said:

foobar2000 is 32 bit application. You need foo_dsd_converter.fb2k-component which comes from https://sourceforge.net/projects/sacddecoder/files/foo_dsd_converter/

Once the component is installed (File > Preferences > Components > Install, [Apply] and restart foobar2000):

image.png.b5ec94b88be2a22bee6dd8dc31348a7e.png

image.png.d0a7bd461363c530fda917cfeb661a3a.png

This is only for PC right? Does Foobar2000 play and convert DSD on Mac?

Thanks

7 hours ago, bogi said:

You can choose if you want DSF or DFF. In the case of DFF you can choose if you want the compressed version (DST) variant, or uncompressed (DSD) variant.

image.png.311775da5aa52cfb8058aa5cbe0599da.png

Hi Bogi

I tried it on my old Windows machine.

It kind of worked but instead of getting multiple DSF files, I just got one DSF file, I presume just of the first track.

However, Foobar itself shows all the split tracks when I add the ISO to it. When I go through the convert process, it also seems to be be going through and splitting the tracks.

Please see screenshots.

The .rtf text file shows the Foobar convert results.

Please advise as to what I could be doing wrong.

Foobar.thumb.jpg.2ae72d0119e5b0d76dafeee5af0857c4.jpg 

Thanks

Karajan.rtf

45 minutes ago, mikey8811 said:

Hi Bogi

I tried it on my old Windows machine.

It kind of worked but instead of getting multiple DSF files, I just got one DSF file, I presume just of the first track.

Try to change the filename format according to my picture. You need different filename for each track.

56 minutes ago, mikey8811 said:

I couldn't get it to work

Try again the foo_dsd_converter thing. You need only to change the output filename format (see my pictures from yesterday).

5 hours ago, mikey8811 said:

I couldn't get it to work

There is no GUI for Mac but the command line sacd_extract should work on Mac. Did you try the Mac command line sacd_extract (without the GUI part)? https://www.videohelp.com/software/sacd-extract

The Sonore sacd_extract frontend is Java program, so you need to have Java installed on Mac to get it running.
https://www.sonore.us/iso2dsd.html

... and about foobar2000: then the only way is Wine.

I don't use Mac, so more I cannot help you.