IGNORED

Flac playback in Pure Music 1.7

Lars

Follow these instructions for flac playback. One of our friends asked about this earlier today. I found the answer for him here:

http://www.channld.com/support-troubleshooting.html

Wavelength Silver Crimson/Denominator USB DAC, Levinson 32/33H, Synergistic Research Cables and AC cables, Shunyata Hydra V-Ray II with King Cobra CX cable, Wilson Sasha WP speakers with Wilson Watch Dog Sub. Basis Debut V Vacuum turntable/ Grahm Phantom/Koetsu Jade Platinum. MacBook Pro 17\" 2.3GHz Quad Core i7, 8GB RAM, Pure Music, Decibel, Fidelia, AudioQuest Diamond USB Cable.

I stick to good 'ol MAX, thanks. What a pain in the, ummmm, tushy...

:^)

2.26 GHz Mac Mini (Late 2009), 8 GB RAM, 2 External Seagate 7200 RPM 1TB / Firewire 800/ Wavelength Wavelink/ Berkeley Audio Alpha DAC / Nordost Blue Heaven IC / Musical Fidelity KW 750 / Nordost Blue Heaven Speaker cable/ Magnepan MG 3.6r with MYE stands / Custom purpose built listening room

The way to add Album Art.. ever faithful Amazon.com lookup the Album, save the picture, get info tab in iTunes, add manually.... sigh, or use TuneUP.

If you have another player other than iTunes capable of reading m4a ALAC & Flac (Foobar2000, Audirvana, JR Media Centre etc) and your flac files are in the same library as pseudo ALAC files (created by PM), you end up with duplicates of the files. Only by looking at the bitrate, you'll know which one is the real FLAC file.

Also...iTunes by itself (without PM starting) won't play the PM pmbmf files, so you can't use your Airport Express, unless there's a button i've missed somewhere?

Yes, nice to play FLAC in iTunes, but the process is messy. The duplication is not kind, so, drag out MAX to make ALAC files and have duplicate FLAC masters on your Hard Drive in another folder and the ALAC files in the standard place where iTunes can find them. This method at least can save the cover art at the time of Max conversion and you can use Airport Express in iTunes standalone mode.

FLAC advantage in iTunes...? Bit of a fizzer.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA