IGNORED

SoTM SMS 200 psu

Hi all,

I've just got the SoTM and found that a Teradak 9V was sitting gathering dust, so I've decided to try it with SoTM since the 9V spec is on target.

I understand (correct me if I am wrong) that S0TM need something around 1,5A and the PSU should output a little less than 1A. Provided that my figures

are correct, what kind of symptoms/woes could I have if the NAA was under powered (lower Amperes)? 

1 hour ago, ghostdot said:

Hi all,

I've just got the SoTM and found that a Teradak 9V was sitting gathering dust, so I've decided to try it with SoTM since the 9V spec is on target.

I understand (correct me if I am wrong) that S0TM need something around 1,5A and the PSU should output a little less than 1A. Provided that my figures

are correct, what kind of symptoms/woes could I have if the NAA was under powered (lower Amperes)? 

First off, I would recommend that you get urself a better PSU. The digital domain needs speed and I can tell you no Chi Fi LPS has that.  As for your question, its always good to have a slight buffer for current draw. I do not think sms-200 needs 1.5A though, it should be lesser. Can you confirm with the seniors here or mail May at sotm, she is a darling with help. Enjoy.