IGNORED

Benchmark DAC2 HGC vs Bel Canto Dac 2.7 vs Other DAC pre-amp

Hi

I am currently using a Benchmark DAC2 HGC and while I am happy with the sound, I hate the interface and remote and am looking to replace it with something at least as good sonically but with simpler usability and cleaner looks.

So far all I have been able to find as a suitable replacement is the Bel Canto Dac 2.7. I have previously used the Bel Canto Dac 2.5 and was happy with that.

I would appreciate thoughts on how the Bel Canto Dac 2.7 compares with Benchmark DAC2 HGC sonically as well as the usability of the Bel Canto Dac 2.7 in general.

I would also appreciate suggestions of other DACs to consider.

My criteria are:

• Black
  • Pre-amp
  • Balanced outputs
  • Quality headphone amp (nice to have)

Many thanks for reading.

RME ADI-2 DAC v2 would fit very nice in your needs for 1.1k usd. Its AutoRef feature is very clever for using it as a preamp.

https://www.rme-audio.de/adi-2-dac.html

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

Your Benchmark is a pretty nice DAC, but I understand all too well how that upgrade bug bites us and forces us to want something else :)

One thing about the RME is the external power supply so are you going to be happy with that one or will you want to upgrade it so that needs to be considered in your budget.

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available