IGNORED

Best Optical config with router, switch and EtherRegen

Alan, I have recently bought one OM inserted between router and Etherregen.  B-side to an Antipodes EX. 

A-side of the ER is also the Roon server (innuos zen mini mk 3) and a normal LG telly. Nothing more. 

So SQ wise the OM brought another uptick. Even if the etherregen does a good job in improving the network signal it can be improved additionally with the OM. I am for now only using an Ifi power brick to power it but soon that will change to a Paul hynes SR 4. 

So I guess my example is more like your A. 

Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amp with DAC, Sotm SMS-200 ultra/TX USB ultra, powered by an Uptone LPS-1 Audiostore Roonserver powered by a  HD plex PS. ASUS router AC 68 powered by a Teddy pardo PS, 

Speakers are standmounts Klångedang T1 with external crossover , Rega Planar 3 Lejonklou Slipsik phonostage

19 hours ago, BigAlMc said:

Thanks Magnuska

Nice to hear from you. And appreciate the input.

Cheers,

Alan

Thanks Alan, 🙂 Nice chatting to you too!

I had a couple of weeks now after installing the OM where Its not the best sound due to burn in, but yesterday it all loosened up again and sounding fine again. Its easy during burn in periods to maybe being a little down. Its dangerous during these moments to open up the wallet for more upgrades...but could easy happen..☺️

Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amp with DAC, Sotm SMS-200 ultra/TX USB ultra, powered by an Uptone LPS-1 Audiostore Roonserver powered by a  HD plex PS. ASUS router AC 68 powered by a Teddy pardo PS, 

Speakers are standmounts Klångedang T1 with external crossover , Rega Planar 3 Lejonklou Slipsik phonostage