IGNORED

Streamers Recommendations

MrX

26 minutes ago, MrX said:

First off, as a newbie, I was wondering if streamer will affect the sound quality? I thought the resolution is determined by dac and amp. I’m looking for a good streamer under 800USD to mate with my dac and amp. I am astounded by the huge price gap of various streamers and why?

Which DAC do you use? A streamer recommendation will depend on the DAC inputs, and of course your needs. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, MrX said:

I have RME adi dac and newly bought Metrum Accoustic Amethyst:) I would like to have a wireless streamer cause I don’t have long internet cable. Many thanks:)

You could use something like the Bluesound Node 2i. It will do wireless and output via optical or coaxial S/PDIF to your DAC. the cost is in line with the DACs. Not sure what you want to use for a source app or if you want to use the Bluesound app. There are many options. Wireless will be your limiting factor, not necessarily with sound quality but with choices that support WiFi. 

https://www.bluesound.com/products/node/

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png