IGNORED

Building A Linear Power Supplies for HQPlayer Server

Following!  Very nice job and great tip to use supports for the toroidal.

I'm going to order the same toroidal for my SJ build, would you be able to supply dimentions for me including the baseplate?

For others following this thread...I just finished building an amplifier using the same Modushop chassis - you definately need a pillar drill/drill press for working with this as elan120 has used.  This other thing I noticed during my build is that the top and bottom panels are directional (Front/back) due to their drill hole spacing.  So if others are using this case just make sure you drill with the right orientation.  I wish Modushop would put basic stickers (front/back) or include some form of instructions with the panels.  If I was to do this project again then I'd definately invest in the inner baseplate - bottom of my amplifier looks like swiss cheese as I had to reposition everything (lesson learnt).

@elan120 I was wondering if feeding the JCAT card using bus-power, since this is from a SJ linear rail, will be pretty close to dedicated rail?  Did you ever recieve any feedback from SJ on this, or did you always intend to provide a dedicated rail.

Will be interested in you SQ comparisons of the SJ rail vs HDPlex.