IGNORED

Article: Reality Quest: Going to Extremes with the Taiko Audio SGM Extreme (Part 5 of 5)

59 minutes ago, ray-dude said:

I do believe there are a LOT of trickle down ideas from the Extreme that can help folks improve their systems.  Each piece was taken to an extreme (and the whole definitely feels greater than the sum of its parts), but each piece may be worth a look.  I'm guessing I wouldn't have to take off my mittens to count the folks that may actually purchase one of the beasts after reading this, but I was hoping there would be value in putting it out there as inspiration for folks that are looking to improve their own setups.

This generosity of spirit was evident in your wonderful series of reviews.  Thanks for that (and all the time, skill and knowledge needed).  As one who loves simplicity and transparency of sound, I have to admit that I never thought of eliminating the amp altogether and going straight from DAC to speakers:  ingenious!  Thoroughly enjoyed reading the series and learning more about where the state-of-the-art streaming is now.  This monster is indeed extreme, but it isn't called "The end of the line, so don't expect anything further."  

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man