IGNORED

No Ethernet connection visible to router

Hello,

I just received my new USBridge Signature, connected an Ethernet cable between it and my Netgear router and turned on the power.  None of the LED indicators next to the Ethernet receptacle at either end illuminate at all.  I specified the DietPi OS when I ordered the USBridge.  I noted that you supplied a printed circuit board module that looks like it's supposed to be plugged into the USBridge's SD card port.  Do I need to program or configure the USBridge for it to work?  I tried to read your two setup guide PDF files (USBridge-Sig-Manual and USBridge-Signature-Moode-Player), but these were not understandable to me given my unfamiliarity with the Raspberry Pi development environment or with Linux tools.

If programming/configuration is required, could you please point me to a simplified tutorial that would be appropriate for an Allo user with no Raspberry Pi experience?

Thank you!

Oliver Barrett

38 minutes ago, ORB said:

Hello,

I just received my new USBridge Signature, connected an Ethernet cable between it and my Netgear router and turned on the power.  None of the LED indicators next to the Ethernet receptacle at either end illuminate at all.  I specified the DietPi OS when I ordered the USBridge.  I noted that you supplied a printed circuit board module that looks like it's supposed to be plugged into the USBridge's SD card port.  Do I need to program or configure the USBridge for it to work?  I tried to read your two setup guide PDF files (USBridge-Sig-Manual and USBridge-Signature-Moode-Player), but these were not understandable to me given my unfamiliarity with the Raspberry Pi development environment or with Linux tools.

If programming/configuration is required, could you please point me to a simplified tutorial that would be appropriate for an Allo user with no Raspberry Pi experience?

Thank you!

Oliver Barrett

Forwarded PM please check

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, 

Looks like I have similar issue with my USBridge Signature transport. I connected 5V 3A to the usb-C connector and have ACT and PWR LEDs working, however, the ethernet LEDs are dark. Tried 2 different ethernet cat5 cables, but the lights on the ethernet port didn't light up. 100% sure about the router port and the cable - used the ones that are currently running reliably with another device.

Also, noticed a loose power connector coming from "5V Clean Power" power input. It should be for a separate HAT device (e.g. a DAC or a SPDIF card), but in the manual for the USBridge it says I need 5 power adapters - one for the RPi and another for the clear section.

I thought the "5V Clean Power" power input is for the board that outputs clean USB signal, but there's no socked on the Sparky to put it in.

Thank you for your help!

The pics are attached.

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 6/14/2020 at 12:30 AM, stasprof said:

Hello, 

Looks like I have similar issue with my USBridge Signature transport. I connected 5V 3A to the usb-C connector and have ACT and PWR LEDs working, however, the ethernet LEDs are dark. Tried 2 different ethernet cat5 cables, but the lights on the ethernet port didn't light up. 100% sure about the router port and the cable - used the ones that are currently running reliably with another device.

Also, noticed a loose power connector coming from "5V Clean Power" power input. It should be for a separate HAT device (e.g. a DAC or a SPDIF card), but in the manual for the USBridge it says I need 5 power adapters - one for the RPi and another for the clear section.

I thought the "5V Clean Power" power input is for the board that outputs clean USB signal, but there's no socked on the Sparky to put it in.

Thank you for your help!

The pics are attached.

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

How did you solved it?