IGNORED

Best Server Currently to replace the Zenith SE

I'm looking to replace my Innuos Zenith SE and was hoping to get some advice from the good people of Audiophile Style on whether I should go for the Innuos Statement or if there is currently a better alternative at a similar price point.

I am not techy enough to build my own custom made server so will have to rely on an off the shelf ready to go option.

All feedback, advice and opinions are welcomed.

13 hours ago, FredM said:

Hi Yorkshireman, for what it’s worth, at about a similar price range, this was my recent long list for a Roon server, adding three other candidates (JCAT, PF, SOtM)

- JCAT server*

- Grimm Audio MU1

- Innuos Statement

- PinkFaun 2.16x 

- SOtM server *

- Taiko server jr *

* mentioned as ‘in development’

Thanks for the list, very much appreciated. Have you made a choice yet or are you still deciding or waiting for the one you want to become available.

21 hours ago, Blackmorec said:

Just to help put things into perspective.....Lets take a hypothetical system and budget as follows

A. Zenith SE at £0. (You already have it)

B. Network optimisation budget £2000*

C. Innuos Phoenix plus extra USB cable £4000

D. Innuos Statement £10,000

Lets designate SQ as the measure and use the signs < (less than) and  > (greater than) 

A+B >A+C

A+C<D

A+B+C >D

A+B+C< B+D

B+D has the potential to produce some of the best SQ you may have ever heard....at least in my case and I’ve heard many high end systems over 40 years!

* optimised network includes router, ethernet cables or FO, Linear Power Supplies and anti-vibration measures.

Thanks for your input and for taking the time to lay out the options in a very analytical and rational way. What would be your current ideal way of achieving your "B. Network optimisation budget £2000*" option ???

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

Maybe describe the rest of the system...DAC, per-amp, amp, etc.

I currently have two systems on the go on the digital side of things both using the Zenith SE as a source component.

System1. 

Zenith SE > Allnic D5000 dac using Tellurium Q Black USB > Naim Nac 52 Pre amp using Custom HiFi Cables Silver RCA - DIn cable > Naim Snaxo Crossover > 4x Naim Nap 135 Mono Blocks > Naim SBL speakers using Naim Nac A5 speaker cable.

System 2.

Zenith SE > Chord M Scaler using Tellurium Q Black USB > Chord Hugo TT2 dac > Allnic T2000 KT150 Integrated amplifier using Tellurium Q Ultra Silver XLR > Naim SBL speakers using Naim Nac A5 speaker cable. (currently looking for a new speaker for this system and a new speaker cable to go with them).

All currently powered using a Musicline Powerigel (hedgehog) 6 way mains block.

As I normally use the Zenith for playback from the SSD I haven't really spent a lot of time or money on upgrading and improving of the internet switch side of things but will be looking into trying to make improvements in this area going forward.

Just now, vortecjr said:

Whats wrong with the current server?  

Nothing but If I don't upgrade mine in the near future it will become less valuable on the secondhand or part exchange market and it will be become more expensive to upgrade and also I can currently afford to upgrade and know that the Statement (will be) or Taiko Audio mini/Jr (should be) an improvement.

My current Server is OK and I've not had any problems with it but I feel ready to go to the next level and try and improve the SQ.

13 minutes ago, FredM said:

I could be wrong, but I thought Innuos also offers an upgrade possibility for their products? The gap between the MK3 and statement is quite big, you could check at Innuos if something is around the corner (to perhaps upgrade your SE)

There is of course the Phoenix as an upgrade for the SE but I'd rather just make the jump the the Statement.