IGNORED

Article: Reality Quest: Going to Extremes with the Taiko Audio SGM Extreme (Part 3 of 5)

3 hours ago, ray-dude said:

Very much so!  HQPlayer does all the good things that we love about HQPlayer. At least for my prefered settings (detailed in the HQPlayer section), Extreme barely breaks a sweat.  My demands on HQP are pretty modest though

HQPlayer does have very modest system demands for PCM but for SDM (DSD) the demands are much greater especially if one wishes to use the EC modulators. At DSD 256 using ASDM7EC there has to be at least two cores capable of running at 4.0 Ghz continuously. The filters can be distributed among multiple cores but the modulation needs to run on a single core per channel (all according to Jussi's posts that I have followed). I have not looked at the specs for the CPUs running here but if one wishes to use EC modulation at DSD 256 (anything higher like 512 EC is not possible right now as there is no CPU that can run at 8 Ghz) then it would be necessary to verify this capability.

Ahh, I know what you mean about $26K Band-Aids. This has reminded me of English Lit class many many years ago (in a place far far away) and a book I had to read called "A Tale of Two Cities" by Charles Dickens. I know that this is cutting edge technology but I don't want to lose my head over it. I don't know what I would have to put on the chopping block to get one. But, it is a far better thing I will do today by ending this post.