IGNORED

New D/D Converters from Denafrips

Hello all, have any users of the Iris or GAIA had problems with the Iris not playing DSD files to their terminator dac? I have had issues with this.  If I change from PCM hi-res files to DSD files, I get a loud static type fax noise that stains my speakers until the volume is lowered. Very scary!!!

I tried it on HDMI I2s and I2s-C with the same results.

It seems like my unit is not performing properly, as one should not have to change the settings on the Iris to play DSD files and scrolling through the terminator I2s settings doe not find a combination that will play the DSD files properly through the Iris. But, bypassing the Iris and going USB straight from source the DSD files play flawlessly. To trouble shoot, I connected a old source with HDMI I2s (PS audio standard) out directly to the terminator and it plays DSD flawlessly without changing the settings on the terminator.

I have contacted Alvin, but as of yet we have not been able to figure this out.  I was curious if any other users have had this experience?

Your thoughts would we kindly received,

Cheers

Hello @barrows, thanks for your response.  I can't get any DSD playback no matter the file size. Can I ask who you addressed this with so I can check to see if my Iris can be updated to work properly.  Alvin has not responded with a fix for this yet.  But, they is a time difference in Singapore to his credit.  He has been great in trying to solve the Iris issue.

Cheers

@orosie So glad to see that the Iris is working properly with the Terminator plus. I am using the terminator not plus and there is some communication issue. I have suspected I may have received a bad Iris for some time now, but have been patient and trying to work the issue with Alvin.  But it is promising that the unit you received works as expected.  Enjoy!!!

Hopefully I will be able to soon.

Cheers,