IGNORED

Building a high performance compute server for HQPlayer

3 hours ago, Miska said:

Windows using the free running mode

What does that mean?

3 hours ago, Miska said:

Result for 3:32 long track was 6:23.

So you have to wait six minutes for a three-minute song? If the song is loaded into the buffer or how does it work?

3 hours ago, Miska said:

processing speed of 0.55x.

What is the CPU usage in %, how many cores (Hyperthreading?) and what clock rate?

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, hpsxrb said:

And why not use the i9-10980XE that has AVX512 support?

If I understand it correctly, then AVX512 throttles down to the base clock. That is with the Intel Core i9-10980XE 3.0GHz. Not enough to run the EC modulators.

On 5/29/2020 at 11:01 PM, Miska said:

It is more of advantage for filters than for modulators. But EC modulators can utilize AVX512, but due to clock throttling the difference is pretty minor. My development machine at the moment is HP Z4 workstation with Xeon W-2245 (and GeForce RTX2080). Performance in terms of modulators doesn't differ so much from i9-9900K.

I can try some benchmarks later to see how they perform compared to each other. My challenge is that none of my W-2245, i9-9900K and i9-9900KS are running same OS. So differences may as well be due to different OS.

54 minutes ago, firedog said:

i9 9900k -, no video card: will it run all the modulators at 256 DSD?

No problem 👍

spacer.png

8 hours ago, lmitche said:

Can you please share your power supply and cooling details for this machine?

Hi Larry,

I'm using a HDPLEX 2nd Gen H5 Fanless chassis with two Keces P8. A Keces directly supplies the CPU with 12V. The other Keces supplies the HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX with 19V. You can read this in detail here:

At the moment I'm considering replacing the 2 x 5V supply for USB & NET Cards with JCAT's OPTIMO 3 DUO. It never stops. 😄

Gabriel