IGNORED

Article: Review | Ayre Acoustics QB-9 Twenty

• 3 years later...

Just thought I leave a comment, on how the update turned out. 

In one word: Awesome. In a world where my power cords each cost the price of the update, the QB9 twenty holds it own. Meanwhile and endless parade of next level **** DACs came along and some of them visited my system, a lot of them doing some things better, but none having the balance, superb space and ability to completely change according to the source material. 

Right now, I am in the verge of buying a new dac which costs a multiple of the QB9DAC twenty because of its superior emotional appeal with jazz and classic music (although the QB9 is excellent in showing you the space a recording took place) but not because of objective superiority. If you have an QB9twenty and you are not satisfied with the sound, start looking elsewhere for improvements first. You will have to pay a lot more to really improve on all things. Best money I ever spent in HIFI was and is the QB9. Nothing stayed as long in my system as this dac. I am thinking about not selling the dac, but keeping it as a second source.