IGNORED

Want to purchase HQPlayer, but about it's more robust features?

vvcv

4 minutes ago, StreamFidelity said:

HQPLayer is really not easy to understand. For example, if you think you have to set the volume control to 0dB, because you have a preamplifier, you've already lost. It's recommend -3dB or -4dB for sufficient headroom. I now use the HQPlayer without preamplifier and control the volume with the HQPlayer. Operation is via Roon. Great sound!

I prefer PCM > DSD. The DAC is to be operated in NOS (Non OverSampling). I have listed some filter and modulator settings here. Blue are my favorits.
37471434ad.png

Great compilation! I wasn‘t aware that most PCM filters upsample from 16 to 24 bits. Or is the function of the dithering filter? 

5 minutes ago, vvcv said:

Thanks Solstice. Geez, this really explains things for me. So, in a sense, or rather a very real actuality, any DAC that does not support NOS should not be used with HQP due to the DACs filters defeating the work the HQP filters do? If this is the case, someone mentioned that I would not need new hardware to use HQP --more accurately, to use HQP with its filters. It sounds like having a NOS DAC is what I need to hear the real benefits of HQP.

As a side question to this, do DACs that claim to support Native DSD put a filter in the signals path?

The Lampizator DAC looks interesting, which model do you have and how do you like it?

Is that so? Say, a DAC has 192/24 maximal processing capabilities and it does upsampling. What does such a DAC do during upsampling? Does it convert everything to highest sample rate, 192 kHz? And wouldn't such a DAC profit by feeding a signal that had been upsampled to 192 kHz with streamlined filters such as those from HQPlayer. In such a case, the DAC has to do nothing, correct? And the signal would basically pass the DAC untouched. Correct?

24 minutes ago, vvcv said:

Oh, yeah, i see what you refer to. No, it didn't have a question mark, but it was more a question in trying to understand if that was indeed what the poster above was speaking of. Anyway, it seems it's not the case with all DACs. And, unfortunately, as far as a Benchmark rep knows, it will resample HQPs filter(s). But they suggested to ask the players developer due to them not knowing HQ at all, but I suspect they know enough about their hardware to have a definitive answer. 

Too bad my other DACs were on loan to audio pals during my HQP trial period. But, they're not NOS, though are Native DSD. 

Well, I guess, as you say, it really depends on the DAC. That’s why one just has to try. HQPlayer does a very good job in my system, I much prefer its SQ over Roon‘s.