IGNORED

Want to purchase HQPlayer, but about it's more robust features?

vvcv

6 hours ago, vvcv said:

Before I asked posted the original question i had no idea about NOS DACs. But, the more i'm reading about them and they do sound interesting. Especially one that AudioNote makes...a kit I think. 

Just pick any DAC which has DSD256 or DSD512 input and try HQPlayer out with both PCM and DSD files e.g. CD is PCM64 and SACD is DSD64. There are very few if any DACs which can realtime filter a DSD256 or 512 stream, so if the DAC accepts these as input it will go into "NOS" mode.

A cost effective DAC which works great with HQPlayer is the Pro-ject S2D, for example.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

17 hours ago, StreamFidelity said:

No, as far as I know, the HQPlayer does not change the music signal. In digital streams, the aim is to generate an analog amplitude from 0 and 1. In my opinion, the DAC (Digital Analog Converter) can do this better if it doesn't have to perform any filters and no upsampling (NOS). That is why it is not the output format (PCM or DSD) that matters. Important is only the format that is available shortly before the conversion.

Do you use HQPlayer because I’m confused about what you are saying here?

1) Of course HQPlayer “changes the music signal” when it upsamples and converts from PCM to DSD

2) HQPlayer has a large collection of “filters” to do this 

3) you can isolate the high powered server   computer using a network to a low powered NAA which attaches to the DAC.

These are a few HQP basics.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.