IGNORED

Pre-Amp for a pair of Airtight ATM-3 monoblocks

Hi there, 

I've recently got a pair of Airtight ATM3 monoblocks to drive my Sonus Faber Amati speakers. 

In short, does anyone have experience with these and if so, which pre-amp are you using / have you used. 

I'm open for both SS and valve types, current models or 'older' ones. It does need to ideally have a phone stage though. 

any feedback appreciated. 

thanks!

Auralic Aries - Antelope Zodiac Gold/Voltikus - Crystal Reference Diamond - Pathos TT - Crystal micro - Rogers LS3/5a

2 hours ago, MbraHam said:

Hi there, 

I've recently got a pair of Airtight ATM3 monoblocks to drive my Sonus Faber Amati speakers. 

In short, does anyone have experience with these and if so, which pre-amp are you using / have you used. 

I'm open for both SS and valve types, current models or 'older' ones. It does need to ideally have a phone stage though. 

any feedback appreciated. 

thanks!

I would just go with an Airtight ATC 5 and not worry about fooling with anything else.

that's probably the most sensible/ practical thing to do indeed. I'd hoped perhaps that people would offer experience with others, like Leben, Shindo, or even SS options. I realise it's not the most common amp for people to own though. 

Auralic Aries - Antelope Zodiac Gold/Voltikus - Crystal Reference Diamond - Pathos TT - Crystal micro - Rogers LS3/5a

14 minutes ago, MbraHam said:

that's probably the most sensible/ practical thing to do indeed. I'd hoped perhaps that people would offer experience with others, like Leben, Shindo, or even SS options. I realise it's not the most common amp for people to own though. 

I would not mix Shindo or Leben with Airtight.  I would just stay within the line with all of those brands if I had one of their amps.  

You could always go with a Mytek Manhattan and run directly from the DAC with an analog volume control.