IGNORED

T+A HA 200 - DSD1024 DAC / Headphone Amp

What is the MSRP in USD?

answering my own question...$8900.

No outputs to integrate into a stereo system at this price or the ability to use the DAC on a separate headphone amplifier (if you’re dropping 9k on this, I’d assume you’d have another headphone amp for other “flavors”...like tube), BUT they allow you to have an HDMI ARC option??

And not network connected?

At this price and heinous (for the price) connectivity options, I can’t see this selling many.

11 hours ago, OE333 said:

Just to say it again: this device is NOT intended to serve as a universal DAC. It was not designed to be combined with Amps or active speakers.

It is a DAC + Headphone Amp with the sole aim to drive headphones - and to do this without compromise at the highest possible quality level.

Someone looking for a standard DAC with standard line outputs should better look for something different. For someone looking for a high quality Headphone Amp with a superb DAC section might find that this device is exactly what he needs....

If the majority of forum members feels that the HA 200 does not fit into the DAC section of this forum we should perhaps ask to move this thread to the headphone section....

I understand your point but my point is that this is price competitive with other products which offer significantly more perceived value. My comments are meant as feedback directly to you, the manufacturer. 

I have Utopias, so I fit squarely in your target market. However, at this price point and for possibly other would-be purchasers like myself who are going to drop $8,900 on a something for my headphones, I would MUCH rather have the headphone amp section of your unit for half or less of the asking price. This is because digital technology changes so quickly that the digital section of this unit will be very soon surpassed or obsolete, rendering it a poor value long term. OR, I would spend a little more and get a Chord DAVE which CAN double as a DAC for my normal HiFi speaker based system (and actually you can find a DAVE for the same price or less new or used if you negotiate) OR since the target buyer likely has some cash to play with if they’re spending $8,900 on this unit, my choice would actually be to spring for the dCS Bartok with headphone amp, which again, if you negotiate with a dealer or look slightly used when they pop up, can be had for marginally more than this unit...again, no problem for someone already spending $8,900. dCS is updatable and a more mature higher end digital company (again, my perception as a target buyer for this and likely others’, as well). The dCS unit also is a Roon endpoint.

I appreciate T+A for interacting with the community on forums such as this, however in doing so, you should be open to feedback and perspectives. Hopefully this will shape future T+A offerings.

I highly suggest you separate the headphone amp and sell it as a separate unit or revise this unit in V2 to incorporate Ethernet Roon endpoint functionality and analog outputs to be used in a full system.