IGNORED

One man's Jewels; another man's Junk or Load

Iving

I sold off most of my vinyl collection to 2 close friends who find records more enjoyable then digital music. I saved 17 albums which are all valued between $35-500 a piece.  Those are more keepsakes to talk about when my friends are over.  My CD's (2,000ish) are all stored in plastic bins and will probably either go to a family member or I'll donate them to the local library.   

I have a list of the albums and their value (circa 2018) on a spreadsheet for my family to sell If I was to pass, so they can get some sort of cash for them.  My buddies would probably buy those up too for a reasonable price.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

8 hours ago, Iving said:

Some folks deeply regretted disposing of their vinyl - you don't seem to be one of them.

Your CDs are in plastic bins and you're willing to give them away - another healthy detachment! I'm still archiving mine like an anorak. I still wonder whether there'll be a market for CDs in the future - good reasons for owning them.

If ever you'd like to consider me a buddy I'd be happy to see your vinyl list via PM. 🙂

Not afraid to list here, but not for sale in the near future.  Most my collection started early and was rock orientated.  My older sister dated a guitar player and his brother worked for Asia security.  So I had a lot of insight on how to meet bands and if your going to collect stuff buy two copies.  Once CD's came around, If I could afford it I'd buy the CD and Vinyl versions.  I either bought these albums new or within a year of their release.  I'd consider most as Very Good Plus value.  What's left is mostly sentimental and most are signed by all the band members or the lead singer, thus altering the actual value of the album.

AC/DC - Back in Black - unopened

Alice N Chains - Facelift - signed 

Beatles - White Album - Red vinyl Japanese

Blind Melon - Blind Melon - signed

Bon Jovi - Bon Jovi - signed

Candlebox - Lucy - unopened

Guns N Roses - Appetite for Destruction - uncensored cover

Iron Maiden - Powerslave - signed

- Piece Of Mind - signed

Megadeth - Rust In Peace - signed

Metallica - Kill Em All - Original Megaforce release 

Nirvana - Nevermind - unopened   

Ozzy Osbourne - Ultimate Sin - signed

Poison - Look What The Cat Dragged In - signed

Smashing Pumpkins - Gish - signed

- Siamese Dreams - signed

Skid Row - Skid Row - signed 

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet