IGNORED

Help for disabled person

GeoffP

Hi  all,

I'm an old audiophile (hearing  declining faster than equipment improves). My partner has MS and needs a voice controlled streaming solution. I've only found three products that might work, the Bluesound powernode 2i, the Amazon echo link amp and the Marantz CR 612 all of which are reputedly controlled by Amazon Echo - alexa  devvicees. She has an Echo Dot.  Most reviews do not specify the level of voice control available. She needs to be able to ask for specific cds/albums.The voice control is far more important than sound quality. Hopefully this is the best place to ask for help.

Thanks for reading and any advice,

Geoff

I've never seen this addressed anywhere.

Other than testing with a return privilege, I wonder if there a non-profit that rates these devices, or could help?

If you do trial some be aware that there may be a time period for training the device to the user's voice, and that updates can be made for the devices without a user knowing (e.g. people say Siri got better recently w/o an announcement from Apple).

Good Luck!

Have you considered just linking a streaming service like Spotify or Amazon Music to her Echo Dot? The Echo Dot has a line out jack so you can connect it to a regular amp with speakers if you want to improve the sound quality.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull