IGNORED

Article: Review: Linear Tube Audio Z10e Integrated Electrostatic/Magnetic Headphone/Speaker Amplifier

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2020 at 2:17 PM, MarkS said:

Agree 100%. My main rig is similar to yours, but I’ve always wondered about a system built on horns or other high efficiency speakers with an integrated like this and a dac. Such a system would only require one balanced input, just like the review unit. 

In the FWIW column, my inefficient Magnepan 1.7's sound better with the 1 watt of the MZ2 than they do with the 100+ watts of a MC Hafler DH200. So quality of the amplifier counts for a lot. Granted a large room will demand a bigger amp

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, PR-F said:

Hey Dave - I'm new to the forum. But I saw ur comment on Magnepan and LTA Z2.. Are you talking about the 1 watt headphone/intergrated amp... that I happened to own.  Alway thought Maggies need lots of power/ current. U think magnepan LRS would work in my 10x12ft. room say 80-85 db peaks.....

They do, but with a good PS for the MZ2 that 1 watt class A can be pretty nice if you avoid Mahler and Fender bass guitar 😁 I have discovered that as a pre the MZ2

was throttling dynamics, I've put the Hafler back into the system with a passive pre, the Hafler is far better without the MZ2 as pre.

The problem with maggies is they are so transparent and current hungry it can be easy to hate your electronics.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system