IGNORED

New Pearl Jam Album "Gigaton" and Tour!

Congratulations, a iconic band, in a iconic venue. Hopefully you don't have to take out a loan for ticket prices 😉.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

19 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The Pearl Jam fan club treats its members nice. The service fee is from ticket master. Each ticket was $103. 

7A663F7E-F267-43A1-A501-58A81E0825AE.jpeg

Service fee $49.40, what a joke. Still a good price all things considered

Motley Crue at the top of their game in 1990, $18.54 tax included. 

F256E4CB-C09F-4587-BFCC-C6CD33745D65.jpeg

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

I wished I would have kept more stubs. I have a couple old ones like this but without the price. Metallica from 86’ is my oldest also saw Van Halen that year my first big concert, 7th grade. At Metallica I was a little scared of the crowd. 

The Thunderbird, classic meeting point. 

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Oh no, the new album was mixed in Dolby Atmos. Now I need a ton more speakers!!!

Nah, just play that version on your home theater Dolby Atoms system.  You do have a home theater for the rest of your family right? That's how this works.  You get the 2 channel glory and they get The Bachelor in 4K with all the surround gubbly gock 😉 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Are you going?  It's at the Oakdale Marcus theater.  Tickets not for sale yet on the website.  It's right off 694 and 10th st. in Oakdale.  The major 94/694/494 interchange is only 1/4 mile away, so easy too get to after going through dwnt St. Paul.

7 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I looked and didn’t see anything in MN!

My mistake, it's the one by Fleet Farm, off of Hwy 36 and 694.  Look under country not state and scroll down to Oakdale (not in order).  Probably not official yet.

https://pearljam.com/onenightonly/screenings/?country=US

I'm not a member of those prepay ticket theaters, but I have tomorrow off work and can stop by the theater and find out more about it.  I  live here in the east metro so it's no problem.

Only 6 seats left, not together and in the front row only. $12.50

I passed on it. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I need ATMOS :~(

Sounds like a new basement project.  It's a lot cheaper to do home theater (component wise) vs 2 channel.  You don't need top of the line anything to feel immersed in the sound.  Quality sure, top of the line no need for that.  We try so hard for 2 channel setups to feel right there at the recording, whereas home theater setups do that with ease.  

Although it never hurts to go all in.  Take a second, third and forth home mortgage out and then call Admit One Home Theater😉

• 3 months later...

@The Computer Audiophile have you heard of these performances coming up, or already happened.  93X mentioned something about it today.

https://pearljam.com/news/alive-from-the-home-shows

I think there's a entire concert to be aired with speacial guests and a cover of a White Stripes song.

That’s stupid. Unless you knew the money was being donated to something meaningful.