IGNORED

A better version of The Blue Rain Coat

STC

ST

At present I have way better things to do than worry about yet another snipe at me from Ralf11 in a thread that I haven't even been participating in.

I am currently enjoying listening to John's new corrected version of SuperTramp -Even In the Quietest Moments that our little PM group has yet to hear. If this is the final version, I will then have a good listen to it on my main system instead of using headphones, which are often necessary due to other family members night shifts.

If Chris is looking at new posts and threads he should notice this kind of thing for himself. 

Thanks for the heads up though.

Regards

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

3 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

hardly a snipe - I suggested headphones to someone who complained about his laptop speakers, and AFAIK fas42 has hearing similar to yours, so may like a hotter, i.e. bumped up HF response

Stop dragging me into threads that am not participating in with your continual sniping.

I have also previously explained that driving a pair of headphones from a much higher than recommended output impedance tames the upper HF . In my case this is achieved by using 120 ohms series output resistors as originally recommended in IEC61938 

No, I do not like added HF detail such as happens with non decoded Dolby A recordings any more than a person without damaged hearing , or needing to rely on tiny Laptop speakers.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

For better comparison purposes, attached is a link to the original CD track in it's original LPCM format instead of after conversion to YouTube .aac Audio

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3lm2uba5zmldiy/03 Famous Blue Raincoat.wav?dl=0

8 minutes ago, STC said:

I am not trying to compete with resolution. But if you insist on lossless then here it is. Allegro Energico e Passionato.wav

I did not post that link to attack your video. Even compared with the original LPCM version the improved soundstage and instrument separation should be quite obvious. I do agree with others though that the effect is currently a little extreme.

Just now, STC said:

I wasn’t attacking you. I thought you may wanted a better resolution which is fair considering I am in a high end forum. I think I am just more preoccupied with my thoughts that I respond without really trying to understand what the other person trying to say. Anyway, try listening to the hires file and tell me what you think?  Thanx. 

ST

I can't get the link to work, and in any case, I don't really need it to tell me that you may be on to something that can benefit certain recordings, although that may not be the original artistic intent, which in this case is to focus on her lovely voice

Regards

Alex