IGNORED

Streamer/ server and iPhone/pod

Browniesbane

Question

Until this summer, I was using a Mac running Audirvana. I would transfer cds to iTunes and then synch to a network drive. One nice thing was that I could load my iPhone and iPods from iTunes with the tracks that I burned to iTunes.

now I’m using innuous zen mini. I burn cds directly into the zen mini as flac files.

i want to update my iPod touch with new music that has been already been  added to the zen.is there any practical alternative to also burning the cds to the Mac using imusic/ iTunes? Any software that allows me to transfer flac files to the iPod or iPhone? If there is alternative software, would I lose functionality when using the i device In my car? 

1 answer to this question

There are a lot of programs that will recognize an Apple device and able to do an upload of new music files.  I used to use JRiver when I had an iPod Classic some years ago. 

You can also use something like dBPoweramp Batch Converter to change from one file format to another - to a flavor that would be more palatable for your Apple device.