IGNORED

USBSig / DigiSig stopped working - many issues

mfsoa

Hi,

I had been using the Shanti/USBridge Sig/DigiOne Sig combo with Roon or Roon/HQPlayer without issues for weeks. Ever since I installed the case I could not make the Digi work. For a few days at least Roon still saw it and indicated that it was playing to it, but no sound was made. During this time I noticed that the Roon Min and Max volume were both set to 0. I could not reset the Max volume and it is stuck at 0. Maybe this is the "ALSA set Max volume to 0" issue but if so I do not know how to fix this. My Linux skills are close to 0.

Eventually Roon simply stopped displaying the DiGi anymore.  At the time I could play via Roon to the USBr but I could no longer upsample to DSD256 in Roon - the sound was very shaky and quiver-ey. Even at 16/44 with no Roon processing the sound is still distinctly off.

Also, I now cannot access the Dietpi web GUI. I can SSH in and everything tests fine but the web GUI does not come up like it used to. All network tests done in Dietpi via SSH pass no problem.

I have flashed a brand new memory card with the latest DietPi and same - I can SSH in but have no web access, getting "This site can't be reached" error.

Now, I have reloaded Roon but now Roon no longer even sees the USBridge Sig.  I can still SSH in, but still no web GUI and now it doesn't even appear in Roon as an audio device.

With each thing I try my system gets further and further from the perfect operating state it was in before I installed the case. (Not saying the case is the issue).

Sorry for the lack of procedural clarity but here I am:

- With brand new install of DietPi I can SSH in, configure, test, etc and all looks well with DietPi, but when the 192.168.0.16 is typed into the browser the web GUI does not come up.

- Roon no longer even sees the USBr/Digi combo although I can SSH into it.

- Shanti question - Is there a proper power-on sequence for the USBr and Digi?  While troubleshooting I saw that the unit worked identically when either only the 3A was connected to the USBr power, when only the 1A was connected to the DiGi power, or when both 3A and 1A were connected to their respective inputs. When both are connected, is the clean and "dirty" power really going to where it is supposed to go if the unit works when either input is used by itself? 

Hopefully someone can provide some help on how to get to the web GUI and how to have the unit appear on Roon. And if I get that far, how to reset the ALSA volume to 100%, if that is an issue. 

A real bummer as the unit worked perfectly, with Roon or Roon/HQplayer and without making any deliberate changes I am so very far from where I was...

Thanks,

-Mike

I just removed the USBrSig/DigOneSig combo and replaced it first with the Digione and the USBridge that the Sig combo replaced. Both units worked perfectly - Web GUI available, seen in Roon, no probs at all using same cabling/network as before.

So issue seems to be with the updated dietpi versions.

USBridge running Dietpi ver 6.21.1.    Digione running 6.18.14

I guess I'll pop one of these cards into the USBrSig/DigOneSig combo and see what happens...

So the v.6.18.14 card that worked perfectly in the Digione did not work when placed in the USBrSig/DiGOneSig combo.  No web gui access and not seen in Roon.

When the card was placed back into the Digione it worked perfectly - GUI, Roon, music playing in seconds.

Could the dietpi update have bricked the USBrSig/DiGOneSig?

Thanks for any advice,

-Mike

On 11/23/2019 at 9:53 PM, mfsoa said:

So the v.6.18.14 card that worked perfectly in the Digione did not work when placed in the USBrSig/DiGOneSig combo.  No web gui access and not seen in Roon.

When the card was placed back into the Digione it worked perfectly - GUI, Roon, music playing in seconds.

Could the dietpi update have bricked the USBrSig/DiGOneSig?

Thanks for any advice,

-Mike

Please re-flash Dietpi image from below link .Forwarded PM also

http://3.230.113.73:9011/Allocom/DietPi/DietPi_RPi-ARMv7-Stretch_AlloGUI.7z