IGNORED

The EtherREGEN thread for various network, cable, power experiences and experiments

I have been using the etherRegen without an issue for months. However, today it started to produce an odd result. When the eR was connected to my network, the internet connection would drop out. If I disconnected the eR to the network, the internet connection would reappear. I tried this multiple times to confirm that I was not imagining this. Presumably there is some kind of conflict between the eR and my modem/router. Any thoughts as to how to resolve this?

32 minutes ago, One and a half said:

The router has logs, any clue in looking at those? Some of them are gobbly gook, some are actua;ly written in English. Perhaps extract and post as an attachment.

How do I find these? I am a novice when it comes to networking.

10 minutes ago, MartinT said:

The only scenario I can think of (and I've seen faulty network switches do this) is if the ER is broadcasting constant rubbish.

Does your router's activity light confirm if the ER is sending constant traffic if supposedly idle with nothing connected to the B side?

I'll have to reconnect the ER and see what effect it has on the router (which is in a different room).