IGNORED

Streaming TIDAL through stereo recommendations

20 hours ago, btlancaster24 said:

Thanks, all for your feedback.  It's much appreciated.  

I think you really need to look at the Bluesound Node 2i.  The Bluesound software can be run from any device and provides access to a wide range of applications.  You may prefer other UIs, but the UI is pretty straightforward.

While it is true that the analog outputs are not the best, I don't think you'll notice much given that you're using a vintage Denon receiver.  If you decide you've outgrown the analog outputs, you can use the digital outputs by adding an external DAC.

I think the Node is a great choice if you want a complete, hassle free, out of the box solution.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
2 hours ago, btlancaster24 said:

Wow, maybe I'm better off considering a different amp or some other option.

i'm sure that is his opinion, but remember that it is just one opinion.  the node 2i is a very respected device for what it is -- a $500 device (that offers a turnkey solution).

how about getting a schiit modi multibit dac ($249) and just connecting your laptop to it?  the modi multibit has a huge fan club.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100