IGNORED

EtherREGEN: Installation, Usage, Difficulty, Questions thread

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before..! 

If I want to run 2 EtherRegens, which would be the preferable config? 

Option 1: snh-10g - fiber - er1 - ethernet cable - er2 - ethernet cable - streamer 

Option 2: snh-10g - ethernet cable - er1 - fiber - er2 - ethernet cable - streamer

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, 

I started a second system in the bedroom, and am thinking of how to incorporate an EtherRegen just before the dac/streamer. 

The WiFi router in the bedroom is about 3.5m to 4m away from the audio setup. I am intending to use a fiber optic cable between to the ER. But my WiFi router does not have an sfp port. 

Which would be a good option? 

A) buy a new wifi router with an sfp port (does such a thing exist?) 

B) keep using my old router and hook it up to a cheap ethernet to fiber optic media converter 

C) keep using my old router and hook it up to a sonore optical module deluxe 

I'm leaning to options B and C. 

I've had the EtherRegen for quite some time now, and enjoy it a lot. recently, it has been giving me some issues. 

my chain is:

Sotm switch

fiber

ER (with AD clock) 

ethernet

sotm sMS-200Ultra

I've been running this chain for several months with no problems. however, over the course of the past couple of weeks, my dac no longer "sees" the Sotm and hqplayer also does not see the naa output for this chain.

ive troubleshooted a couple of times, and have found that if I just power cycle the ER, all is good again. power cycle as in just remove the dc plug, wait a short while and reinsert the dc plug. then everything goes back to normal. 

Any ideas? 

@Superdad thanks! I'll give that a shot ie use the ER internal clock for a while and monitor.

@davide256 @zoltan have checked all the cables and they're fine.

@econaut that may be a possibility. I think the issues also started after the latest Sotm firmware update. After thinking about it (after your post) my setup has been running solid up till the firmware update. it may be a coincidence (?) and problem could still be the AD clock. Will test and see. the difference between your scenario and mine is, I can't even access eunhasu until after I power cycle the ER.