IGNORED

EtherREGEN: Installation, Usage, Difficulty, Questions thread

This may be slightly controversial here - not sure but I was accidentally sent an Ethernet cable Friday that I couldn't resist to install in my system... I couldn't believe what I heard when I put it into the system (explosion in all the soundstage dimensions, layering, pace, another octave of subjective bass, crazy transparency and realism) since I had one from the same company only a couple levels down from it. Now I won't say I cannot live without it but right now with my Nighthawk switch I most certainly would say that I cannot live without it, at least until my EtherRegen arrives sometime next month (I hope). My question after researching this cable on the SR website is that it appears much of the design around it is about *surprise surprise* digital noise reduction. Now my longwinded question is - would keeping this cable be additive to what the EtherRegen will be doing or would it be obviated by the NR in the EtherRegen? Is this an example of a metal connector that you're not supposed to use with the EtherRegen?????? (see attached pic). TIA!!!

GalileoUEFEthernet2_2048x2048.jpg

18 hours ago, stevebythebay said:

Having many SR Galileo cables in my system, I can vouch for their SQ versus other options, both analogue and digital.  I don't use an Ethernet version of this particular line, and would love to have one to compare to Shunyata Sigma I currently use, but at a quarter of the price.  My local dealer carries both product lines, so I'll need to find out if they've even brought in an SR Galileo for evaluation. 

Highly suggest you seek one out. Mine has been tracked down so I'm going to have to ship it back out ASAP which is a shame since I wanted to try it on the EtherRegen. It's the first time I've had another Galileo in my setup and its effect seems to be additive to what the SR does well. In fact what it's doing is so similar to what folks in the other thread are describing when they install their EtherRegens it's a bit uncanny.

10 hours ago, thyname said:

I “only” have their Atmosphere X Reference Ethernet Cable (and the equivalent USB cable), and it’s amazing. I wish I could afford the Galileo SX line

That's what I own also. It is amazing, but but but .... Galileo. Ready to sell my LP collection to fund this purchase. Still wondering if the metal connector is compatible with EtherRegen but.... 🦗🦗🦗