IGNORED

EtherREGEN: Installation, Usage, Difficulty, Questions thread

32 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Now, to call FedEx and find out why the heck the carton of 117 EtherREGEN boards--which were supposed to be here Friday--are supposedly now in Litha Springs, Georgia after getting as far west as Oakland, CA. Ugh, this is throwing us off schedule during a holiday week!

😱 One of it may be mine.

Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref. 5 SE / Gryphon Essence Stereo / Rockport Atria I / Göbel XLR and RCA Cables / Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / Sablon Ethernet Cabe / MIT Magnum MA Sepeakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (3), Sigma NR V1(1) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Paul Hynes SR7T for Melco S-100 Pink Faun Upgraded / Farad Super3 for IPS Modem-Router / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Superdad said:

I think you have previously asked me this. My answer was and still is that I have never tested the Keces P8 and can only go on what the manufacturer states. My suggestion was that you check the outputs with a meter to see if their zero-volt/-VE "grounds" are indeed independent of each other.

Could someone explain to me, since I don't have much electrical knowledge, how can I tell with a multimeter, if the two outputs of LPS Kenneth Lau (12v and 5v) are isolated from each other?  Thanks in advance.

Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref. 5 SE / Gryphon Essence Stereo / Rockport Atria I / Göbel XLR and RCA Cables / Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / Sablon Ethernet Cabe / MIT Magnum MA Sepeakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (3), Sigma NR V1(1) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Paul Hynes SR7T for Melco S-100 Pink Faun Upgraded / Farad Super3 for IPS Modem-Router / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

31 minutes ago, elan120 said:

The way I check is using a multimeter to measure both negative legs of power supply outputs to see whether they are open or short.  If they are open, then they are isolated (independent) from each other, if they are shorted, they share the same ground.  Another check is measure between the power supply output negative legs and ground leg of AC input to determine if the power supply is a floating design.

Hi Elan I think you overestimate my knowledge of electricity.😁

Let's see with the two multimeter tips, I make contact with the negative terminals of the two outputs of the LPS.  Well and what value does the multimeter have to give me to know if it is open in short?

Francisco

Perfect.
Thank you

Francisco

Ok, tomorrow I'll try it.  Thank you

Francisco

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ikemi said:

Hey guys,

I'm a new poster so excuse me if my questions seem a bit simple. Have any of you guys run a ground cable from your etherregen and if so what type of cable did you use or does it really even matter. Im planning on buying a high quality plug and wiring the ground pin then plugging it into an unused power receptacle. Just curious how you guys are earthing the etherregen and what you are using to do it. Thanks!!!!

Ron

Entre Eartha Olympus to Shunyata Denali

BD96ACDA-AA25-478C-8AA6-F8A39D8C0634.jpeg

Francisco

Entreq

Francisco

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Melco N1ZH60-2.  I currently have a USB DAC, so the only option is Router to ER (A) ——- ER (B) to Melco.
 Previously I had Lumin and AQVox and option 2 sounded better than 3 (I never tried 1), but with ER instead of AQVox I may change.

Francisco

Something important Avalfa;  Do you use Twonky or Minimserver?

Francisco

Okay.

For me Twonky is inferior to Minim as playback software.  But as music library management software, Twonky is simply a disaster.

Francisco

• 2 months later...

Only two out of 1,200?  .  If I had known, I would have bought a lottery ticket.😀

Francisco

• 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, lmitche said:

Try a good single mode cable >= to 5 meters in length and single mode 1310nm SFPs like the Finisars that are widely available used on Ebay.

Hi Imitche.
I am currently using this cable with my Finisar.  Could you recommend a cable that is clearly superior in quality?

Regards

Francisco

8EB6A184-D34A-4B99-B978-328F33667B5F.jpeg

Francisco

38 minutes ago, octaviars said:

I dont know if it is superior but Corning ClearCurve is very good I use that with my single-mode 1310nm sfp modules. 

Yes I have heard of this manufacturer but I cannot find internet sellers of this cable in the LC-LC termination.  Do you know a seller?

Francisco

2 hours ago, octaviars said:

If I understand  @MrKlutz right it works for a while but then looses connection when he uses the SFP so it does work for a while.

I live in Sweden but ordered mine from this company.

https://www.fiberoptics4sale.com/collections/fiber-optic-products/products/x3lls1fiscz?lshst=collection

Thank you, I just placed my order.

Francisco